Victoria Wallace
Victoria Wallace thanked Gator Blu's answer

It is the country that the paperwork is filed in for the adoption. Since you live in Canada, the paperwork would be filed there making it a Canadian Adoption.  With that said The US would recognize the adoption should you move there.