LighterMan Down

Do u let strangers borrow money from u?

Skip  Gentry Profile
Skip Gentry answered

No. I’m careful when I lend people I know money.

Willie B. good Profile
Willie B. good answered

Oh sure that'll happen....... When monkeys fly out of my butt!!!! :):)

Toni Pauze Profile
Toni Pauze answered

I’m with Mountain Man!

Don Barzini Profile
Don Barzini answered

I’m not a bank. I don’t loan money, but I will give money to worthy causes.

Tom  Jackson Profile
Tom Jackson answered

Actually, I did---once.

I was at a 7-11 convenience store about 40 years ago when a woman tried to cash a personal $5 check.

The clerk would not do it for some reason---the store had its policies--- and I guess she didn't meet one of it's criteria.

At any rate, her distress was both great and---I thought---genuine; so I told her she could write the check to me and I would give her the 5 dollars.

Before depositing her check later that week, I decided to call her bank, explain the situation, and ask if the check was worth depositing.

As soon as I mentioned the name on the check, the bank assured me that any check she wrote was good.

No moral to the story---just "feel good" incident.

Darren  Wolfgang Profile
Darren Wolfgang answered

No, there is all types of scammers out there, I had a neighbor who claimed to be selling Tupperware dishes. My Mom ( late) order it from her but never saw her money back or the Tupperware. Sometimes i feel like contacting her anonymous and letting her know.. I know about the scam she committed and someday she will answer to God for what she did. But one thing i will not lend money out to people if i did there would be a written legal contract up and how they are to pay me back but my chances of loaning money is 1% . 

Willie B. good
Willie B. good commented
I had a neighbor that scammed me out of 20 bucks once, he said he needed 20 bucks for gas I thought sure he's my neighbor why not I know him, will after he got the 20 bucks The Jerk avoided me like the plague... never got the 20 bucks back, it's a shame when you can't even trust your neighbors.
Darren  Wolfgang
Yes i agree Willie . It's shame people rip others off :(

Anonymous