James Guillen

Is moving house stressful?

Firstname Refreshme lastname Profile

I don't have stress because I pack up the SPAM FIRST.

I have never moved a house, but have seen shows about it. I got the impression it was very stressful. You have to yet the house on a trailer without damaging it.  Move ot down the road while avoiding obstacles like power lines and steep grades or sharp turns, not to mention the permits required.

As for moving the contents of a house, heck, I a, a soldier's wife, I can do it in my sleep.

In some cases, moving house can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be. Some things I would advise you to do in order to reduce stress include:

- Be Prepared

Try to complete any tasks you can do in advance as soon as possible. This will help to reduce the number of tasks on your to-do list on the day of the move

- Stay in touch with your estate agents

Keeping in regular contact with your estate agents can help you to make sure that everything is running smoothly and there is nothing to worry about

- Hire a removals company

Although some people will advise you to save money and move all your possessions yourself, I personally think paying for removal services is a better option. When I moved house I hired this company, http://speedyclearance.uk,  who offer removal and house clearance in Twickenham. The price was reasonable and knowing that my removals were arranged and taken care of really helped to reduce my stress levels.

Anonymous