James Guillen

Should I employ an interior designer?

I think it really depends on your personal circumstances, but there are a lot of benefits to employing an interior designer. I recently worked with Absolute Interior Design LTD, a company offering interior design in Newcastle and I found the main benefits of hiring them were:

- Time

If I hadn't employed an interior designer, I would have had to spend a long time liaising with various contractors and sourcing furniture, which I didn't have time for in my schedule. Instead, I just had semi-regular meetings with my designer, to check everything was heading in the right direction.

- Expertise

Although I pride myself on having an eye for design, my designer was much better at visualising what would work best in the spaces in my home than I was. I think if I'd have designed the rooms myself, I wouldn't be nearly as satisfied with the results, and would probably have ended up making a lot of changes the near future.

Ray  Dart
Ray Dart commented
You have to understand that Absolute Interior Design LTD employ flatulently-challenged people. They will walk around your house, farting while designing. Use them only if you have a LOT of air freshener available.
Ray  Dart Profile
Ray Dart answered

Yes, and a plumber, a chicken sexer, a sidewalk cleaner, Mrs. Miggins, someone to dig your garden, a cat called Norman, an out-of-work astronaut, Norma Tanega, Donald Trump's personal braincare specialist. Lots of people need work!

Taila Nevado Profile
Taila Nevado answered

Well, if you wish to do so and you can afford it, then yes.
An interior designer has the expertise and skills needed to transform your
house into a spectacular living space. He/she will be able to advise you
regarding home décor, colour combinations and other aspects. However, it is not
mandatory to do so if you do not have enough money.

Anonymous