Darren Wolfgang

Happy Good Friday To All My Friends On Blurtit . How Many Of You Go By The Tradition Of Not Eating Meat On This Day ? Well, For Me I Always Thought This Was A Catholic Tradition And No Other Religions So Please View Your Beliefs ? Thank You :)

Firstname Refreshme lastname Profile

So far so good. No meat yet.

I never even heard of that! Lol! I follow no "religion." I am a Christ follower.

Janis Haskell Profile
Janis Haskell answered

I don't have any religious dietary restrictions.  I'm pretty much an omnivorous "foodie"!  (I do occasionally fast for personal prayer reasons, but not on any particular holiday.)

Don Barzini Profile
Don Barzini answered

I believe it’s a great day to go to the Steakhouse. No crowd, fast service, and park right in front.

Don Barzini
Don Barzini commented
It’s funny, Tom, as much fish as I catch and eat, it seems red meat IS the penance.
Tom  Jackson
Tom Jackson commented
lol, Don Barzini

I think my mother felt the same way---when I was a kid, fast and abstinence from meat was the rule on all Fridays during Lent.

But the rule she made for Lent was that in our house Wednesdays would also be a day of abstinence from meat.

When I got older, I realized that my mother loved fish and barely tolerated meat and just wanted to take a second day to not have to cook it.

Not exactly enlightened self interest, but Machiavelli would have been proud.
Don Barzini
Don Barzini commented
Indeed.
Toni Pauze Profile
Toni Pauze answered

I have no religious restrictions... I had meat today.

Darren Wolfgang
Darren Wolfgang commented
Thank you Tiger :) :)
Don Barzini
Don Barzini commented
I find it mighty capricious that an omniscient Creator of the entire universe would give a fig about what we eat on a given day, given the countless sorrows upon this little blue dot.
Tom  Jackson Profile
Tom Jackson answered

Well, more than tradition it's a form of "penance"---Ash Wednesday and on the Friday of the Passion and Death of Our Lord Jesus Christ.  (Latin / Roman rite)

But penance is certainly not an exclusive concept followed by us Roman Catholics.

Anonymous