Firstname Refreshme lastname

Do your pets behave differently when there's bad weather not yet arrived but on the way?

Skip  Gentry Profile
Skip Gentry answered

Yes mine does. She knows when there’s a thunderstorm coming. She’s always been afraid of them. The thunder shirt does nothing to calm her. She trembles and paces. I try to calm her any way I can, which isn’t easy.

Tom  Jackson Profile
Tom Jackson answered

Both are rescue dogs.  One shakes, the other is indifferent.  The one who shakes was loose for a few months---that's probably a factor. 

We have thunder shirts for both. 

The one who shakes is becomming more calm with time and support.

Mine don't, but my brother's does. His dog will start panicking about an hour before. Poor thing has to take Xanax.

Firstname Refreshme lastname
Awe. Do you suppose the pup was coddled during its first few storms instead of letting it deal with it alone. (?) Heard this has an impact on how well they deal with it later on.
PJ Stein
PJ Stein commented
No. My brother has two female litter mates. So they have been raised the exact same way. One is extremely fearful and the other isn't bothered at all.

Anonymous