Macauluy Culkin

What are the most important supplements or vitamins everyone should be taking in your opinion?

4

Don Barzini Profile
Don Barzini answered

A good quality multivitamin should be part of every day.

I am also partial to ginseng,

Darren Wolfgang Profile
Darren Wolfgang answered

The most popular nutrient supplements are multivitamins, calcium and vitamins B, C and D. Calcium supports bone health, and vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium. Vitamins C and E are antioxidants—molecules that prevent cell damage and help to maintain health.

My advice eat Broccoli , Fish,  Chicken , Milk , Diary products etc

Tom  Jackson Profile
Tom Jackson answered

Good question.

Currently there seems to be no clear consensus on the need for specific vitamin and or mineral supplementation---at least in the developed nations.

On the other hand, it appears that a vitamin D deficiency is becoming more prevalent even in the developed countries.  (Dr. Oz was on the "Today" show this morning and mentioned that in passing.)

A few years ago, my doctor checked my vitamin D level as part of my annual physical and found I was low.  He prescribed a vitamin D dosage that was available by prescription, and a short course of that brought me up to normal.

That dosage is now available without a prescription, and I now take it regularly.  It keeps my level in the appropriate range.

I do occasionally take a B vitamin supplement if I feel a little "run down" and am concerned about "coming down" with something---and I haven't had a cold or the flu in years.

Anonymous