Yin And Yang

Can I have your thoughts? (Please read on in comments. Sorry if it's winded. Lol)...

6

Yesterday I was leaving a parking lot. I saw a man on his knees next to his motorcycle laying on it's side. I rolled down the window and asked him if he needed help. He said "I think I broke my ankle. Can you help me lift my bike?" I was alone and no one else was in the parking lot either so I said "let me call my son in law to come help." (He was right around the corner.) Suddenly a red vehicle (sm. SUV looking) comes into the parking lot, a guy gets out and asks the other guy "are you okay?" The 1st man said "I think I broke my ankle. Can you help me lift my bike?" Then the 2nd guy looks at me and says "Can you like come closer so he can maybe sit in your car or something?" Something didn't feel right to me! I replied "let me get my son in law. He can help." So while my son in law is coming to the parking lot, I asked the 1st man "do you want me to call an ambulance?" He said no. The 2nd guy lifted up his bike and the 1st guy got on his feet. 2nd guy asked "does your bike start?" So 1st guy limps to other side of bike, starts it. I asked "is there anyone you would like me to call for you?" He said no. He gets on his bike as a car passes by. (Wasn't my son in law.) The 2nd guy gets in his vehicle and leaves, passing my son in law as he is coming into the parking lot. Then motorcycle dude leaves. My son in law parks next to me and asked what's going on. I pointed to the motorcycle leaving (my son in law saw to) and said "well I thought someone needed help. Looks like he's fine now." Something about this situation was weird. It didn't feel right. I called a friend and my Yang. Both said something doesn't seem right, they are so glad I didn't get out of the van and for me to make a report so the police know what happened. Ive never had to make a report before and I'm nervous. What are your thoughts?

1 Person thanked the writer.
Darren Wolfgang
Darren Wolfgang commented
Yes Yin , It was all staged and thankfully everything went good for you and than your son-in-law came around . I also believe not only have you saved your life but you might have saved a life of someone else out there . It makes you wonder why these type of people even exist not to sound mean but it does happen we live in shady World for sure 😢🙏😇
Ray  Dart
Ray Dart commented
I concur. You had a lucky (and thoughtful) escape.
Yin And Yang
Yin And Yang commented
Thank you dearly Ray. 😊
Toni Pauze Profile
Toni Pauze answered

Very fishy! You did the correct thing. Never get out of your vehicle.  I would have called the police right then.

Tom  Jackson Profile
Tom Jackson answered

I read your "answer"---your instincts as to what to do in this situation were excellent.

Even if he were seriously hurt, getting out of your car in such a situation would have been your taking an unacceptable risk---especially considering how many people depend on you.

Next time, just call the police, describe what the situation is,   and let the dispatcher send the police and an ambulance.

Let the professionals do the "protect and serve" thing.  If the guy was on the level, he wouldn't have minded---and if he wasn't, he wouldn't have left.

Tom  Jackson
Tom Jackson commented
That brings up another point---given a person's desire to help our fellow human beings, but with a lack of professional training, we are always in danger of failing to properly evaluate all the aspects of such a situation and possibly make a mistake in judgment which may prove fatal to us.
Tom  Jackson
Tom Jackson commented
And frankly, I wondered how someone who thought he had a broken ankle could stand the pain required to maintain a kneeling position.
Yin And Yang
Yin And Yang commented
Ya... good point! Very good point!
Willie B. good Profile
Willie B. good answered

Wow that's way too creepy ,You did the right thing, always trust your instincts and in this case your instincts told you something wasn't right. That whole scenario you just described gives me goosebumps, I'm so glad you went with your gut and didn't trust those creeps.

Yin And Yang
Yin And Yang commented
Thank you so much my friend. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought something was odd about the scenario. 🤔 AND I was the last to leave. My son in law witnessed the guy on the motorcycle leave so I can't later be accused of some sort of he said she said "hit and run" scam! SMH!
Don Barzini Profile
Don Barzini answered

That you remained safe speaks to the wisdom of your decisions.
If you are not a trained responder, never get out of your car in roadside incidents. Especially alone. Ever. Unless your car is on fire. Police would tell you the same.
To me, you are to be commended for your thoughtful choices.

Yin And Yang
Yin And Yang commented
Thank you dearly my friend. That is what I was wondering. If I was "required" to be a "good samaritan" and help someone who claimed to be "hurt." I didn't know if I would get in trouble so I offered to help by making phone calls... Which he declined each offer. 🤔
Thank you for letting me know, even an officer would have told me to stay in the car.
Darren Wolfgang Profile
Darren Wolfgang answered

Yes , your Children have a best Teacher and that is their Mom , so Happy for all of You , Many Blessings to you and to all of you !!! 😇🙏👍

Anonymous