These people who say you have to use self-raising flour are *scary*. If there's leaven in the cake recipe (either baking powder, baking soda, or eggs beaten until triple volume) then you don't need self-raising flour at all, in fact it will screw up your recipe. (Caveat: If your recipe calls for self-raising flour that's … Read more
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 125 g butter
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and mix for approximately 2 minutes, or until combined.
- Pour mixture into a prepared cake tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- If using as muffin mixture, pour into … Read more