Yin And Yang

What is a silly (dumb) law in your state? (Hint: look up "Dumb laws" and look for your state. Might even get your city to! Lol!)

In California animals are banned from matting publically with in 1,500 feet of a tavern, school or place of worship! πŸ˜…

"I'm sorry Spike but I'm gonna have to ask you to stop until I get out my ruler and see how far you are from the bar. Sorry ol' Pal. It's the law"

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

In Fresno California one may not annoy a lizard in the city park! πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Oh boy! We better stay out of Fresno! What happens if our bearded dragons decided to get jiggy with it in a city park which is too close to a school and... you know... telling our lizards to stop matting just might cross over the line of annoying the lizard! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 

Ray  Dart Profile
Ray Dart answered

Until 1976 is was a legal requirement for all 4-wheeled vehicles to carry a bale of hay in England. Needless to say, no-one complied. Until 1960 it was a legal requirement for everyone over the age of 18 to be "competent in the use of a longbow". When this law was enacted, it was expected that the French would try to invade at any moment, and it is the only time in English history that the government of the day deliberately placed the most effective weapons (and the means of rebellion) in the hands of the general population. That is some level of trust. The only other country in the world where this has happened is Switzerland, where all adult males (up to a certain age) are required to train in the use of a rifle and to keep a rifle and 10 rounds. See how I managed to change the subject?

Janis Haskell Profile
Janis Haskell answered

In California, it is illegal for a woman to drive a car in a housecoat.  In my city, it is illegal for a boss to be alone in a room with a secretary. 

Yin And Yang
Yin And Yang commented
WOW! Yes I read the housecoat one! πŸ˜† I almost put it to. πŸ˜…
Now a days the second one... is probably sound advice! πŸ˜•
Taila Nevado Profile
Taila Nevado answered

Wow! These are so funny! I can somehow understand the logic
behind some of them but others are just beyond my comprehension. What baffles
me is that what triggered the implementation of these laws. What happened that
singing in the bath tub got banned? It might be interesting to find out.

Levi Fitzsimmons Profile

Apparently there is a law in Tennessee that "more than 8 women may not live in the same house because that would constitute a brothel."

I know some sorority houses that are breaking the law xD

Yin And Yang
Yin And Yang commented
That's funny! I almost put this one for California to... except in California the number is 16 women in one house. LOL! I wonder why the change in numbers? πŸ˜…
Darren Wolfgang Profile
Darren Wolfgang answered

Dumb Laws in Pennsylvania

You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth.

A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.

Dynamite is not to be used to catch fish.

You may not sing in the bathtub.

Though you do not need a fishing license to fish on your own land, but a hunting license is required to hunt on your own land.

Fireworks stores may not sell fireworks to Pennsylvania residents.

A person is not eligible to become Governor if he/she has participated in a duel.

Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass.

Ministers are forbidden from performing marriages when either the bride or groom is drunk.

No more than two packages of beer at a time may be purchased, unless you are buying from an official β€œbeer distributor”.

It is contrary to Pennsylvania law to discharge a gun, cannon, revolver or other explosive weapon at a wedding.

All liquor stores must be run by the state.

It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel.

Motorized vehicles are not to be sold on Sundays.

It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.

You may not catch a fish with your hands.

Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.

Darren Wolfgang
Darren Wolfgang commented
Yeah so far i don't see anyone putting off any guns at weddings course I'm not a person to go to a wedding . Hahaha!!! πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
Yin And Yang
Yin And Yang commented
Too FUNNY!!!
Darren Wolfgang
Darren Wolfgang commented
Yeah i agree :) :)

Anonymous