Skip  Gentry

Are you single, married, divorced, or widowed?

I'm widowed. It's been almost 14 years now.

Yin and Yang
Yin and Yang commented
My eyes!!!!
Ancient One
Ancient One commented
How did you cope in the beginning of your widowhood?
Ancient Hippy
Ancient Hippy commented
Ancient One, I was lost and felt pretty empty. I had 4 adult kids at the time and they were grieving as much as I was, if not more. None of my kids live close to me but we all made an effort to talk every day.
The worst for me was, and still is, the loss of intimacy, by that I mean the touch of a hand, a smile, a hug, sitting close or her head on my shoulder.
I also had two businesses to run daily. That helped to keep my mind busy but that nagging heartache was always there.
I'm still coping 14 years later and I "talk" to her daily. They're only one sided conversations but I'm pretty sure I know what she would be saying back to me.
dragonfly fortysix Profile

Married for 28 years.

Tiger Paws Profile
Tiger Paws answered

I'm married.

Nice Girl Profile
Nice Girl answered

Single

Yin and Yang Profile
Yin and Yang answered

Married 15 years... Been together almost 22 years. And come to find out our paths crossed in multiple ways when we were like 6, 7, and 8. :0)

Jeremy Fink Profile
Jeremy Fink answered

Divorced. I left my ex-wife over three years ago. I haven't been in a single date since then. I'm in no rush either.

Anonymous