Willie B. good

As a child, did you walk to school or ride the bus?

13

Megan goodgirl Profile
Megan goodgirl answered

My mom would bring me to school.

Levi F. Profile
Levi F. answered

My mom drove me to school until my sisters were old enough to take me. Then I drove myself.

Skunky Stinkerson Profile

during my years in Saskatchewan (grades 7 thru 10) i had to ride the school bus because the village i lived in was far out of town,  but most of my school years i spent in the city, i just walked because i lived a walkable distance. From grades 1 to 6 a few blocks, grades 11 and 12 maybe 5 blocks. 

My mom took us until I got my license. Then it was me with the keys! 😆

Both. 2nd and  the first half of 3rd grade I walked. Rode the bus the rest of the time.

Ancient One Profile
Ancient One answered

As they say I walked to school and home, up-hill both ways.

Tom  Jackson Profile
Tom Jackson answered

Memories...

I also lived at the top of a hill.  Going down was easy.  Coming home one could cut across a large park which effectively decreased the slope of the hill to a quite manageable level.

Getting my mother to actually allow me to walk to school and home again was a major accomplishment on any given day.

Professor Wonderland Profile

I still walk. Bearing in mind I'm from the UK so school busses are scarce but there are normal busses still that go near to my school. Walking is just easier, healthier and saves money.

Anonymous